from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Excellence, quality.
- n. The state or condition of being proper; propriety.
- n. The state or condition of being proper (of a proper fraction, proper subset, etc.).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being proper.
- n. Tallness; comeliness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being proper, in any sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. correct or appropriate behavior
From proper + -ness. (Wiktionary)