from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being seemly, appropriateness of conduct or behavior.
- n. The result or product of being seemly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being seemly: comeliness; propriety.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Seemly character, appearance, or bearing; comeliness; grace; beautiful appearance or bearing; fitness; propriety; decency; decorum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sense of propriety and consideration for others
From seemly + -ness (Wiktionary)