from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A matter that is of concern.
- n. Reference, relation, or importance.
- n. Anxiety; worry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being a concern
- n. That in which one is concerned or interested; concern; affair; interest.
- n. importance; moment; consequence
- n. concern; participation; interposition
- n. emotion of mind; solicitude; anxiety
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thing in which one is concerned or interested; concern; affair; business; interest.
- n. The state or fact of concerning or affecting one's interest or happiness; importance; moment.
- n. The state of being concerned or occupied; interference; participation.
- n. The state of being concerned or anxious; concern; solicitude; anxiety.
concern + -ment (Wiktionary)