from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The action, fact, or instance of occurring.
- n. Something that takes place.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Actual instance where a situation arises
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coming or happening.
- n. Any event or incident; esp., one which happens without being designed or expected.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of occurring; occasional presentation.
- n. An incident or accidental event; that which happens without being designed or expected; an event; a happening: as, an unusual occurrence; such occurrences are not uncommon.
- n. Happenings collectively; course of events.
- n. Eccles., the coincidence of two or more festivals on the same day. See occur, v. i., 5, and concurrence, n., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an event that happens
- n. an instance of something occurring
Sorry, no etymologies found.