from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being inherent or permanently present in something; indwelling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of inhering; permanent existence in something; innateness; inseparable and essential connection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being inherent or of inhering; intrinsic existence.
- n. The relation to its subject of an accident, or that which cannot exist out of a substance as subject. Thus, the relation of mortality to man is inherence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of inhering; the state of being a fixed characteristic
Compare French inhérence. (Wiktionary)