from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dwelling or residing within.
- adj. Placed or implanted within the body, as a catheter or electrode.
- n. An inner presence, as of a spirit or power.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dwelling within, especially lodgement or habitation in the mind or soul.
- adj. implanted within the body
- adj. existing as an inner principle; inherent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Residence within, as in the heart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dwelling within; living interiorly; specifically, abiding in the mind or soul; having a permanent mental lodgment: as, an indwelling faith.
- n. A dwelling within; especially, lodgment or habitation in the mind or soul.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing or residing as an inner activating spirit or force or principle
From Middle English indwelling, equivalent to in- + dwelling. (Wiktionary)
in- + dwelling (Wiktionary)