from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessed by an organism at birth. See Synonyms at innate.
- adj. Inherited or hereditary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. innate, possessed by an organism at birth
- adj. inherited or hereditary
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Born in or with; implanted by nature; innate; congenital.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Innate; implanted by nature.
- Native; aboriginal.
- Synonyms Innate, Inbred, etc. See inherent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. normally existing at birth
- adj. present at birth but not necessarily hereditary; acquired during fetal development
Sorry, no etymologies found.