from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not common; rare.
- adj. Wonderful; remarkable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. rare; not readily found; unusual
- adj. remarkable; exceptional
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not common; unusual; infrequent; rare; hence, remarkable; strange
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not common; not usual; infrequent; rare; hence, remarkable; extraordinary; strange.
- Synonyms Scarce, unusual, unwonted, unique, singular, queer. See common.
- Exceedingly; very: as, uncommon cheap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind
- adj. not common or ordinarily encountered; unusually great in amount or remarkable in character or kind
Sorry, no etymologies found.