from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not being acquainted; not conversant: unfamiliar with the roads here.
- adj. Not within one's knowledge; strange: unfamiliar faces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Strange, not familiar.
- n. An unfamiliar person; a stranger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not familiar; not well known or acquainted; not wonted by frequent use.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not known or well known
Sorry, no etymologies found.