American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not heard: unheard pleas for help.
- adj. Not given a hearing; not listened to: unheard objections.
- adj. Archaic Not heard of; obscure.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not heard; not perceived by the ear.
- Not admitted to audience or given a hearing; not permitted to speak for one's self.
- Not known to fame; not celebrated.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not heard; not perceived by the ear.
- adj. Not granted an audience or a hearing; not allowed to speak; not having made a defense, or stated one's side of a question; disregarded; unheeded.
- adj. Not known to fame; not illustrious or celebrated; obscure.
- adj. not necessarily inaudible but not heard
“BILL PAXTON, of the Texas Forest Service, describing the moisture content of Texas grass Sunday at what he called an "unheard of" 2% as wildfires continued burning in the drought-stricken state, where more than 34,000 acres have been consumed”
“He noted that 45 per cent of unemployed Americans have been without work for six months or more, which he described as "unheard of.”
“Endovanera, a label unheard of in these circles have put together a very interesting collection mixing some great materials and innovation.”
“They'll rise suthin 'unheard on in the spring when freightin' gits brisk.”
“The voice of the innocent, opress, and unheard is beggining to rise.”
“That summer, it had itched more often than ever, as the goblins swarmed in unheard-of numbers, and banishing them was one way of putting that itch to rest.”
“No elf n safety crap about not getting feet wet etc in those days either and pollution was a word unheard of.”
“Of man, scorned by the world, His name unheard, 165”
“Suzette's strong-willed daughter Philomene would use determination born of tragedy to reunite her family and gain unheard-of economic independence.”
“My prospect was now black enough, for justice was a word unheard of in the present condition of things; and my plea of being an Englishman, and in the civil service of my country, would have been a death-warrant.”
Looking for tweets for unheard.