from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To change the wording of.
- transitive v. To state or express again in different words.
- transitive v. To state or express again in the same words; repeat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To change the wording of a statement; to restate using different words. syn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To repeat in the same words; to reëcho.
- transitive v. To alter the wording of; to restate in other words.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put into words again; repeat.
- To reëcho.
- To word anew; put into different words: as, to reword a statement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. express the same message in different words
Sorry, no etymologies found.