from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that has been printed again, especially:
- n. A new printing that is identical to an original; a reimpression.
- n. A separately printed excerpt; an offprint.
- n. A facsimile of a postage stamp printed after the original issue of the stamp has been discontinued.
- transitive v. To make a new copy or edition of; print again.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book, pamphlet or other printed matter that has been published once before but is now being released again.
- v. To publish (something) that has been published before.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A second or a new impression or edition of any printed work; specifically, the publication in one country of a work previously published in another.
- transitive v. To print again; to print a second or a new edition of.
- transitive v. To renew the impression of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To print again; print a second or any new edition of.
- To renew the impression of.
- n. A second or a new impression or edition of any printed work; reimpression.
- n. In printing, printed matter taken from some other publication for reproduction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a separately printed article that originally appeared in a larger publication
- n. a publication (such as a book) that is reprinted without changes or editing and offered again for sale
- v. print anew
My vote for a "forgotten book" deserving a reprint is Leiji Matsumoto's Lightning Ozma (1961).
April 1974 Penguin reprint with a cover design by David Pelham.
A welcome addition to the Rocket Ride reprint is William F. Nolan's 1978 screen treatment of the John W. Campbell story.
The reprint is not large — only 500 copies — so get your order in quickly, and look for it to ship less than a month from now.
Published: 1968 (Oxford University Press hardcover edition), 1985 (Penguin reprint)
I checked with Janet Hutchings, the editor, and she tells me that the Black Mask section will feature one reprint from the original magazine, to be paired with a new story.
I recently acquired rights to reprint a story by a Finnish wordsmith from the late fifties.
Another reprint from the UK, this is the book about his book tour for HEN AND THE ART OF CHICKEN MAINTENANCE.
Source: This article is a reprint from a November, 1906 issue of Woman's Home Companion.
November 2003 (4) 19: Review: Photoshop Secrets of the Pros (0) 12: Just the RSS Facts (0) 09: Once was never enough (0) 08: Excellent reprint from the CommunityMX website (0)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.