American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The process of printing from a raised inked surface.
- n. Something printed in this fashion.
- n. Chiefly British The text, as of a book, distinct from illustrations or other ornamentation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Letters or words impressed on paper or other material from printing-types; printed text: so called when subordinate to or in contrast with illustrations.
- Consisting of, relating to, or employed in printing from types: as, letterpress printing.
- n. A press for copying letters by transfer; a copying-press.
- n. The printing process in which ink is applied to the top surface of a raised image area, which is then pressed against paper to transfer the image.
- n. printing : printing directly from type, in distinction from printing from plates.
- n. a machine used for such printing.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Print; letters and words impressed on paper or other material by types; -- often used of the reading matter in distinction from the illustrations.
- n. printing from a plate with raised characters
“And Blake's punctuation is continuous/analog, not discontinuous/digital as in letterpress.”
“One of the clubs has lately deviated from the printing of letterpress, which is the established function of clubs, into pictorial art.”
“If you'd rather stick to print, you can order fancy, but pricey $2.99 each, "letterpress" greeting cards in addition to iPhoto's usual menu of printed products.”
“Even a category called letterpress with two images that don’t say much!”
“Most of the cards sold at Broadway, which range from $3.50 to $6, are made using alternative printing methods such as letterpress or are hand drawn.”
“And like a lot of retro commercial arts, such as letterpress printing, there are some who claim that handpainted signs are even making a comeback.”
“When designers talk about web design trends, more often than not, they're referring to a visual design style such as letterpress or gradients but a trend doesn't have to be something you see.”
“( "letterpress"), rich user interfaces, PNG transparency, big typography, carousels and media blocks.”
“letterpress" things, _A New Naval Drama_ (Oxford Ed.vol. viii.p. 421), makes the press-gang weep ostentatiously in the picture, though not in the text, where they only wave their cutlasses.”
“letterpress" greeting cards in addition to iPhoto's usual menu of printed products.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘letterpress’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 2369 more...
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
inky sod, spreads like a disease
Looking for tweets for letterpress.