from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An intermediate or middle tone in a painting, engraving, photograph, etc.; a middle tint, neither very dark nor very light.
- n. A half step.
- n. A print obtained by the half-tone photo-engraving process.
- n. the etched plate used to reproduce a half-tone illustration.
- adj. Having, consisting of, or pertaining to, half tones
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as half-tint.
- n. See semitone.
- n. A picture printed from a plateproduced by the half-tone process (which see), or the plate itself.
- Noting a print or plate, produced by the half-tone process. See above.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a print obtained from photoengraving
- n. an engraving used to reproduce an illustration
Sorry, no etymologies found.