from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A block of wood on whose surface a design for printing is engraved along the grain.
- n. A print made from a woodcut. Also called woodblock, woodprint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A print or a method of printmaking from an engraved block of wood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an engraving on wood; also, a print from such an engraving.
- n. An engraving on wood; also, a print from it. Same as Wood cut, under wood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An engraving on wood, or a print from such an engraving. See woodengraving.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a print made from a woodcut
- n. engraving consisting of a block of wood with a design cut into it; used to make prints
Sorry, no etymologies found.