from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book containing recipes and other information about the preparation of food.
- n. A manual that describes how to assemble and deploy a biological or chemical weapon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book or an encyclopedia of recipes and cookery tips.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book of directions and receipts for cooking; a cookery book.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book containing recipes and instructions for cooking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a book of recipes and cooking directions
From cook + book; possibly also a calque from German Kochbuch (de), from kochen "cook" + Buch "book". (Wiktionary)