from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Wood engraving, especially of an early period.
- n. The art of printing texts or illustrations, sometimes with color, from woodblocks, as distinct from typography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art of making xylographs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of engraving on wood.
- n. The art of making prints from the natural grain of wood.
- n. A method pf printing in colors upon wood for purposes of house decoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Engraving on wood: a word used only by bibliographers, and chiefly for the woodcut work of the fifteenth century.
- n. A process of decorative painting on wood.
xylo- + -graphy (Wiktionary)