from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not marked with or showing a date: an undated letter; an undated portrait.
- adj. Being such as to have long-lasting appeal without ever going out of style: a classic, undated dress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not marked with a date
- adj. of a style that will not go out of fashion; a classic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rising and falling in waves toward the margin, as a leaf; waved.
- adj. Not dated; having no date; of unknown age.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not dated; having no date: as, an undated letter or bill.
- Having a waved surface; rising and falling in waves toward the margin, as a leaf; waved. Also undate.
- In heraldry, same as undé.
- In botany, same as undulate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not bearing a date
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It's an interesting, unpretentious, receptive personal literary experiment (pdf excerpt here), and Halliday's surprise takeaway is how remarkably, vibrantly "undated" most of the contents of Hudson Review summer '63 are.
There are several copies listed in both places as "undated" and "reprints" -- I'm avoiding these, since while it's quite likely that they might be clearable, I'm not taking risks on this search.
The new set of booklets are undated, meaning they can be used every year.
Saif al-Adel is pictured in an undated file handout photo from the FBI.
The “post mortem” flavour of the Red and Blue Jackies of July – August 1964, in particular, largely derives from the fact that Andy started with the cover photograph of an undated official 50¢ White House souvenir booklet entitled Jacqueline Kennedy, First Lady: Her Fashions, Her Home, Her Words.
In her undated recommendation of eliminations for 1932's "Red Headed Woman," starring Jean Harlow as a randy stenographer, the professional viewer invoked sisterhood of a kind in laying blame for the film's inappropriateness at the feet of director Jack Conway rather than Harlow.
Facebook An undated photo of Levi Aron Detectives following video leads traced Mr. Aron to the dentist's office, which determined Wednesday that the suspect had paid a bill with a credit card at about 5:30 p.m.
Kevin B. McManus relaxes with a cigar by a pool in an undated photo.
The document, which was undated but appeared to be drafted before October 20, estimated that under tested scenarios, "there is sufficient liquidity to manage through one month under a severe stress event."
Associated Press This undated photo made available by CNN, shows Piers Morgan, left, host of 'Piers Morgan Tonight' interviewing Condoleeza Rice.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.