from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, kept in, or suitable for archives: "An archival material should have a neutral or slightly alkaline pH; it should also . . . have good aging properties” ( Artist's Magazine).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to an archive or archiving.
- adj. Of a quality suited to the conservational needs of an archive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or contained in, archives or records.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to archives or records; contained in records.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or contained in or serving as an archive
Sorry, no etymologies found.