from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or consisting of a polymer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or consisting of a polymer. Examples of such compounds include polyurethane foams, PVC foams, and styrofoam.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the same percentage composition (that is, having the same elements united in the same proportion by weight), but different molecular weights; -- often used with with; thus, cyanic acid (CNOH), fulminic acid (C2N2O2H2), and cyanuric acid (C3N3O3H3), are polymeric with each other.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., pertaining to or characterized by polymerism: as, butyric acid (C4H8O2) and aldehyde (C2H4O) are polymeric.
- Same as polymerous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or consisting of a polymer
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On day 15, Françoise showed me a hint of positivity (incorporation of radioactive thymidine in polymeric DNA), which was confirmed the following week.
S.artech, located at 1444 S. Tyler, produces plastic products such as polymeric compounds, concentrates, custom extruded sheet and rollstock products and packaging technologies.
S.artech, at 1444 S. Tyler Road, produces plastic products such as polymeric compounds, concentrates, custom extruded sheet and rollstock products and packaging technologies.
More experience is required with real organic feedstocks containing complex organic substrates such as polymeric and particulate substances;
Engineers at Ohio State University, for example, have invented polymeric nanoparticles stuffed with even smaller particles of semiconductors called "quantum dots" that shine with different colours depending on the molecules they are attached to.
The MoU between the university and CIPET would help students in faculty exchange, joint tie-ups in inter-research programmes and collaborative funding, development of high-performance polymer blends, composites, polymeric nanocomposites, blends and alloys.
Comparison of Option One Optimental and a polymeric enteral feeding
“Look, Parag coated the dust bags inside the canisters with a medical polymeric matrix sealant, permeable enough to let air molecules pass through but impermeable enough to contain half-micron nanites . . . for a while, at least.”
That linear response is accurate for runs of at least six identical bases, and Rothberg says it is important to get to accurately call eight consecutive polymeric bases.
Increasing the amount of polymeric binder is another strategy that is commonly used to keep the particles together.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.