from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or consisting of a polymer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or consisting of a polymer. Examples of such compounds include polyurethane foams, PVC foams, and styrofoam.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the same percentage composition (that is, having the same elements united in the same proportion by weight), but different molecular weights; -- often used with with; thus, cyanic acid (CNOH), fulminic acid (C2N2O2H2), and cyanuric acid (C3N3O3H3), are polymeric with each other.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., pertaining to or characterized by polymerism: as, butyric acid (C4H8O2) and aldehyde (C2H4O) are polymeric.
- Same as polymerous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or consisting of a polymer
Sorry, no etymologies found.