from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Repelling, tending not to combine with, or incapable of dissolving in water.
- adj. Of or exhibiting hydrophobia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking an affinity for water; unable to absorb, or be wetted by water.
- adj. Of, or having hydrophobia (rabies).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to hydrophobia; producing or caused by rabies
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or affected with hydrophobia or rabies; rabid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking affinity for water; tending to repel and not absorb water; tending not to dissolve in or mix with or be wetted by water
- adj. abnormally afraid of water
Sorry, no etymologies found.