from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having an affinity for, tending to combine with, or capable of dissolving in lipids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the quality of dissolving in lipids
- adj. Typically have the quality of being composed of mostly nonpolar bonds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having an affinity for lipids; -- of chemical substances or parts of molecules. Contrasted to
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having an affinity for lipids
lipo- (“lipid”) + -philic (“loving”) (Wiktionary)