from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of numerous synthetic polymers produced chiefly by reaction of dibasic acids with dihydric alcohols and used primarily as light, strong, weather-resistant resins in boat hulls, textile fibers, adhesives, and molded parts.
- n. A wrinkle-resistant fabric of fibers made from any of these resins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any polymer whose monomers are linked together by ester bonds
- n. A material or fabric made from polyester polymer
- adj. Of, or consisting of polyesters
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous synthetic resins; they are light and strong and weather resistant
- n. a complex ester used for making fibers or resins or plastics or as a plasticizer
- n. any of a large class of synthetic fabrics
Sorry, no etymologies found.