from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strong wind coming from the west.
- intransitive v. To move westward. Used of the sun, the moon, or a star.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong westerly wind.
- v. To move towards the west
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tend or move toward the west; trend or turn westward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wind that blows from west to east
Middle English westren, from west, west; see west.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)