from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or conforming to a text.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to text.
- adj. Pertaining to text messages, by analogy with sexual: textual harassment, textual intercourse; compare sexting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or contained in, the text.
- adj. Serving for, or depending on, texts.
- adj. Familiar with texts or authorities so as to cite them accurately.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or contained in the text: as, textual criticism; textual errors.
- Based on texts.
- Acquainted with texts and capable of quoting them precisely; learned or versed in texts.
- n. One versed in texts; a textualist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or based on a text
Sorry, no etymologies found.