from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to grammar.
- adj. Conforming to the rules of grammar: a grammatical sentence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Acceptable as a correct sentence or clause as determined by the rules and conventions of the grammar, or morpho-syntax of the language.
- adj. Of or pertaining to grammar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to grammar; of the nature of grammar.
- adj. According to the rules of grammar; grammatically correct.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to grammar: as, a grammatical rule, error, question, distinction, etc.
- Conforming to or in accordance with the rules of grammar: as, a grammatical sentence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to grammar
- adj. conforming to the rules of grammar or usage accepted by native speakers
Late Latin grammaticālis, from Latin grammaticus, from Greek grammatikos, of letters; see grammar.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin grammaticālis. (Wiktionary)