from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessed with or motivated by excessive, irrational zeal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having an extreme, irrational zeal or enthusiasm for a specific cause
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characteristic of, or relating to, fanaticism; fanatic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wild and extravagant in opinions, particularly in religious opinions; extreme, or maintaining opinions in an extreme way; especially, inordinately zealous, enthusiastic, or bigoted.
- Of an extravagant, extreme, or inordinately zealous kind: as, fanatical ideas.
- Synonyms Enthusiastic, Fanatical, etc. See enthusiastic and superstition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea
Sorry, no etymologies found.