from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characterized by fever; feverish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Feverish, or having a high temperature.
- adj. Full of nervous energy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to fever; indicating fever, or derived from it
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to fever; marked by fever: as, the febrile stage of a disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characterized by fever
Late Latin febrīlis, from Latin febris, fever.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin febrilis, from Latin febris ‘fever’. (Wiktionary)