from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or suffering from rheumatism.
- n. One who is affected by rheumatism.
- n. Informal Pains caused by rheumatism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling or referring to rheumatism.
- n. A person suffering from rheumatism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Derived from, or having the character of, rheum; rheumic.
- adj. Of or pertaining to rheumatism; ; affected with rheumatism; ; causing rheumatism.
- n. One affected with rheumatism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a rheum or catarrhal affection; of the nature of rheum.
- Having a rheum or cold; affected by rheum.
- Causing rheum; unhealthy; damp.
- Pertaining to or caused by rheumatism; of the nature of rheumatism: as, rheumatic symptoms.
- Affected by rheumatism; subject to rheumatism: as, a rheumatic patient.
- Splenetic; choleric.
- n. One who suffers from or is liable to rheumatism: as, a confirmed rheumatic.
- n. plural Rheumatic pains; rheumatism.
- Pathetic: affecting; bringing a flow of tears from the eyes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to arthritis
- n. a person suffering with rheumatism
Middle English reumatik, of rheum, from Old French reumatique, from Latin rheumaticus, suffering from rheum, from Greek rheumatikos, from rheuma, rheumat-, stream; see rheum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)