from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to coins or currency.
- adj. Of or relating to numismatics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to currency, especially to coins.
- adj. Of or pertaining to numismatics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to coins; relating to the science of coins or medals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to coins or medals; relating to or versed in numismatics.
French numismatique, from Late Latin numisma, numismat-, coin, variant of Latin nomisma, from Greek, custom, current coin, from nomizein, to have in use, from nomos, custom; see nem- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)