from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, resembling, or being a prism.
- adj. Formed by refraction of light through a prism. Used of a spectrum of light.
- adj. Brilliantly colored; iridescent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a prism; having the form of a prism; containing one or more prisms.
- adj. Separated or distributed by, or as if by, a transparent prism; formed by a prism; varied or brilliant in color.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling, or pertaining to, a prism.
- adj. Separated or distributed by a prism; formed by a prism.
- adj. Same as Orthorhombic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a prism; having the form of a prism.
- Separated or distributed by, or as if by, a transparent prism; formed by a prism; varied in color: as, a prismatic spectrum; prismatic colors.
- In anatomy, noting muscles whose fibers run direct and parallel with one another from the point of origin to the point of insertion: correlative with pyramidal, 3, and rhomboidal, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exhibiting spectral colors formed by refraction of light through a prism
- adj. of or relating to or resembling or constituting a prism
Greek prīsma, prīsmat-, prism; see prism + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)