from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or exhibiting many colors.
- adj. Of or composed of radiation of more than one wavelength: polychromatic light.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing a variety, or a change, of colours; having many colours; multicoloured.
- adj. Composed of more than one wavelength.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Showing a variety, or a change, of colors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Many-colored: as, polychromatic light.
- In mineralogy, exhibiting a play of colors
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of light or other electromagnetic radiation) composed of more than one wavelength
- adj. having or exhibiting many colors
Sorry, no etymologies found.