from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or expressing ecstasy.
- adj. Being in a state of ecstasy; joyful or enraptured.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Feeling or characterized by ecstasy.
- adj. Extremely happy.
- n. Transports of delight; words or actions performed in a state of ecstasy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or caused by, ecstasy or excessive emotion; of the nature, or in a state, of ecstasy
- adj. Delightful beyond measure; rapturous; ravishing.
- n. An enthusiast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resulting from ecstasy; entrancing; overpowering.
- Affected by ecstasy; enraptured; entranced.
- n. One subject to ecstasies or raptures; an extravagant enthusiast.
- n. plural Ecstasy; rapturous emotion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeling great rapture or delight
French extatique, from Greek ekstatikos, from ekstasis, distraction; see ecstasy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)