from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exultingly joyful.
- adj. Expressing joy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In a state of elation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uttering songs of triumph; shouting with joy; triumphant; exulting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rejoicing, as with songs or acclamations; uttering sounds or expressions of joy: as, to be jubilant over success.
- Expressing or exciting joy; manifesting or denoting exultation or gladness.
- Synonyms Exultant, triumphant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of high-spirited delight
- adj. joyful and proud especially because of triumph or success
Latin iūbilāns, iūbilant-, present participle of iūbilāre, to raise a shout of joy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)