American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord.
- adj. Based on or characterized by complete assent or agreement.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being of one mind; agreeing in opinion or determination; consentient.
- Formed with unanimity; exhibiting unanimity: as, a unanimous vote.
- adj. Based on unanimity, assent or agreement.
- adj. Sharing the same views or opinions, and being in harmony or accord.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Being of one mind; agreeing in opinion, design, or determination; consentient; not discordant or dissentient; harmonious.
- adj. Formed with unanimity; indicating unanimity; having the agreement and consent of all; agreed upon without the opposition or contradiction of any.
- adj. acting together as a single undiversified whole
- adj. in complete agreement
- From Latin ūnanimus ("of one mind"), from ūnus ("one") + animus ("mind"). (Wiktionary)
- From Latin ūnanimus : ūnus, one; see oi-no- in Indo-European roots + animus, mind; see anə- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“So much of the business is done by what we call unanimous consent agreements.”
“But Stone withdrew the measure after it became clear he would not gain unanimous board support.”
“One of the board members who has over 55 years of service with the post who wished to remain unanimous spoke out, "Gyi had us all fooled, that lying son of a bitch told the wildest stories you had ever heard, the guy is nuts!", continuing on the member said, "He has done so much for local county vets such as raising money and veterans issues.”
“With the insurance companies favoring this massive giveaway, Republicans have stood up to them in unanimous opposition.”
“How did a bill that could make it more difficult -- or that even appears to make it more difficult -- for borrowers to fight foreclosure win unanimous approval from the world's greatest deliberative body without debate when a notarization scandal has already halted the biggest banks 'foreclosures in 23 states?”
“That change resulted in unanimous Senate repudiation of that veto which made Bagojovich push his self-agrandizement agenda.”
“Senator Thomas of Colorado, speaking of what he terms the impossibility of the nations of the world joining in unanimous regulations concerning Labour, etc., says, "Class legislation is deplorable in domestic jurisdictions; it will prove intolerable when it becomes international.”
“This war, and much as it is, with Britain unanimous and determined as she is, was inevitable in the very nature of things, and did not depend upon an incident here and there, a detail trivial and avoidable.”
“Wisdom's children are herein unanimous, one and all, they have all a complacency in the methods of grace which divine wisdom takes, and think never the worse of them for their being ridiculed by some.”
“In 2008, the three-judge appeals panel found the verdict form potentially misleading, given its repeated use of the word unanimous,'' even in the section on mitigating circumstances.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unanimous’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
words that pique my interest either by meaning, pronunciation, or spelling, and words that otherwise tickle my fancy!!
Vocabulary building for my quest of GRE 2013
Words I learnt at law school
get these dude
A reflection upon words associated with the Indo-European roots 'oi-no-', one, unique and 'swem-' & 'swen-', move,stir and sound. Sound stirred and blended may bring oneness and resolution.
Looking for tweets for unanimous.