from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord.
- adj. Based on or characterized by complete assent or agreement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Based on unanimity, assent or agreement.
- adj. Sharing the same views or opinions, and being in harmony or accord.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being of one mind; agreeing in opinion, design, or determination; consentient; not discordant or dissentient; harmonious.
- adj. Formed with unanimity; indicating unanimity; having the agreement and consent of all; agreed upon without the opposition or contradiction of any.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being of one mind; agreeing in opinion or determination; consentient.
- Formed with unanimity; exhibiting unanimity: as, a unanimous vote.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. acting together as a single undiversified whole
- adj. in complete agreement
From Latin ūnanimus : ūnus, one; see oi-no- in Indo-European roots + animus, mind; see anə- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin ūnanimus ("of one mind"), from ūnus ("one") + animus ("mind"). (Wiktionary)