from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occupying the same area in space or happening at the same time: a series of coincident events. See Synonyms at contemporary.
- adj. Being very similar to another, as in nature: testimony that was coincident with the actual facts.
- adj. Matching point for point; coinciding: coincident circles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring at the same time.
- adj. Being in the same location.
- adj. Being in accordance, matching.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having coincidence; occupying the same place; contemporaneous; concurrent; -- followed by with.
- n. One of two or more coincident events; a coincidence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Occupying the same place in space, or the same position in a scale or series; coinciding.
- Happening at the same time; coexistent: with with.
- Concurrent; exactly corresponding; in all respects conformable; consistent.
- n. A concurrence; a coincidence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. matching point for point
- adj. occurring or operating at the same time
Sorry, no etymologies found.