from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Corresponding in character or kind; appropriate or harmonious.
- adj. Mathematics Congruent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Corresponding in character.
- adj. Harmonious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suitable or concordant; accordant; fit; harmonious; correspondent; consistent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Accordantly joined or related; harmonious; well adapted; appropriate; meet; fit; consistent.
- In mathematics, characterized by congruence: applied to two quantities the difference between which is divisible without remainder by a third. See congruence, 2.
- In geometry, having congruity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. corresponding in character or kind
- adj. suitable or appropriate together
From Latin congruus, from congruere, to agree.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Middle English, from Latin congruus, from congruō ("I coincide with; I agree"). (Wiktionary)