from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exulting in success or victory.
- adj. Victorious; conquering.
- adj. Archaic Triumphal.
- adj. Obsolete Magnificent; splendid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Celebrating victory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rejoicing for victory; triumphing; exultant.
- adj. Celebrating victory; expressive of joy for success.
- adj. Graced with conquest; victorious.
- adj. Of or pertaining to triumph; triumphal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Celebrating victory by a triumph, as a successful Roman general; also, used in, pertaining to, or appropriate to a triumph; triumphal.
- Rejoicing for or as for victory; triumphing; exulting.
- Victorious; successful; graced with conquest.
- Of supreme magnificence and beauty; glorious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. experiencing triumph
- adj. joyful and proud especially because of triumph or success
From Old French, from Latin triumphans. Surface analysis is triumph + -ant (“adjective ending”). (Wiktionary)