from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being the winner in a contest or struggle: the victorious army.
- adj. Characteristic of or expressing a sense of victory or fulfillment: a victorious cheer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being the winner in a contest, struggle, war etc
- adj. Of, or expressing a sense of victory or triumph
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to victory, or a victor; being a victor; bringing or causing a victory; conquering; winning; triumphant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Conquering; triumphant; having conquered in any conquest or in battle; having overcome an antagonist or enemy.
- Of or pertaining to victory; characterized or signalized by victory.
- Emblematic of conquest; denoting victory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. experiencing triumph
- adj. having won
Sorry, no etymologies found.