from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a favorable outcome: a successful heart transplant.
- adj. Having obtained something desired or intended: was successful in stopping the leak of oil.
- adj. Having achieved wealth or eminence: a successful architect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; prosperous; fortunate; happy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resulting in success; assuring, or promotive of, success; accomplishing what was proposed; having the desired effect; hence, prosperous; fortunate; happy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or resulting in success; obtaining or terminating in the accomplishment of what is wished or intended; often, specifically, having succeeded in obtaining riches, high position, or other objects of ambition; prosperous; fortunate.
- Synonyms Prosperous, etc. (see fortunate); effectual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome
From success + -ful. (Wiktionary)