from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having achieved success or recognition by one's own efforts: a self-made millionaire.
- adj. Made by itself or oneself: a self-made pond.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person, having achieved success by one's own efforts.
- adj. Of a thing, made by oneself instead of bought or taken over.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made by one's self.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made by one's self or itself.
- Having attained success in life without extraneous advantages, especially without material aid from one's family: as, a self-made man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having achieved success or recognition by your own efforts
self- + made (Wiktionary)