from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to business conducted on the Internet: dot-com advertising.
- adj. Of or relating to a company whose products or services deal with or are sold on the Internet: a dot-com brokerage firm.
- n. A dot-com company.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A business that carries out its functions primarily via the internet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to an internet company
- n. a company that operates its business primarily on the internet using a URL that ends in `.com'
Pronunciation of .com.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)