from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Yet to be crowned: an uncrowned queen.
- adj. Having the power or influence of a monarch or other prominent figure but not the title: the uncrowned king of the espionage world.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not (yet) crowned
- adj. deprived of the monarchy
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not wearing a crown; not having assumed the crown, as a sovereign prince who has not yet received coronation. Hence Having royal rank or power without occupying the royal office.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not having an (artificial) crown on a tooth; used especially of molars and bicuspids
- adj. not (especially not yet) provided with a crown
Sorry, no etymologies found.