from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having an unfavorable outcome: an unsuccessful venture.
- adj. Failing to attain something desired or intended: an unsuccessful entrepreneur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Failed, not successful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not successful; not producing the desired event; not fortunate; meeting with, or resulting in, failure; unlucky; unhappy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not successful; not producing the desired event; not fortunate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. failing to accomplish an intended result
- adj. not successful; having failed or having an unfavorable outcome
Sorry, no etymologies found.