from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. A batter who has failed to make any base hits over a period of time, usually one game
- adj. A team that has no hits over a period of time, usually part of one game
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no hits scored; -- of a baseball game (or the pitching) in which a pitcher allows the opponent no hits.
- adj. Having no points scored.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having no points scores
- adj. (of a batter) without a hit
Sorry, no etymologies found.