from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Known and praised widely; noted. See Synonyms at noted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. famous or widely praised for good works
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of celebrate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having celebrity; distinguished; renowned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having celebrity; distinguished; mentioned with praise or honor; famous; wellknown.
- Noted, Renowned, etc. See famous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. widely known and esteemed
- adj. having an illustrious past
Sorry, no etymologies found.