from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Distinguished by reputation; famous: a noted physician.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Famous; well known because of one's reputation; celebrated.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of note.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Well known by reputation or report; eminent; famous; prominent; celebrated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked; observed.
- Conspicuous; remarkable; distinguished; celebrated; eminent; famous; well-known: as, a noted traveler; a noted commander.
- Notorious; of evil reputation.
- Synonyms Celebrated, Notable, etc. (see famous), well-known, conspicuous, famed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. widely known and esteemed
- adj. worthy of notice or attention
Sorry, no etymologies found.