from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling or displaying strong affection or attachment; ardent: a devoted friend.
- adj. Having been consecrated; dedicated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Vowed; dedicated; consecrated.
- adj. Zealous; characterized by devotion.
- adj. cursed; doomed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of devote.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consecrated to a purpose; strongly attached; zealous; devout.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Set apart; given up, especially to some harm or evil; doomed.
- Ardent; zealous; assiduous; strongly attached or addicted: as, a devoted friend; a devoted student of philosophy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. zealous in devotion or affection
- adj. (followed by `to') dedicated exclusively to a purpose or use
Sorry, no etymologies found.