from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Obedient or dutiful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Obsequious; submissively obedient.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fulfilling duty; dutiful; having the sentiments due to a superior, or to one to whom respect or service is owed; obedient.
- adj. Subservient; obsequious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dutiful; obedient; subservient.
- Pertaining to or required by duty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. willingly obedient out of a sense of duty and respect
From duty.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Irregular combination of duty + -ous. (Wiktionary)