from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Disposed or willing to acquiesce.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. willing to acquiesce, accept or agree to something without objection, protest or resistance
- adj. resting satisfied or submissive; disposed tacitly to submit; assentive; as, an acquiescent policy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resting satisfied or submissive; disposed tacitly to submit; assentive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disposed to acquiesce or yield; submissive; easy; unresisting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. willing to carry out the orders or wishes of another without protest
Latin acquiescens, -entis; present participle (Wiktionary)